Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm sorry, but I just don't get it...

I just watched the 2008 Grammy Awards Show.

Please
... what is the deal with Amy Winehouse?

What's the attraction? Why is a drug addict being glorified like this? What irony. I know good writers write about what they know, but to sing a song about rehab? Gosh. How clever.

A suffering artist. Give me a break.
I am really fed up with drug-addicted fools who, having everything to live for and the success that so many far more worthy artists long for and work so hard for, allow their lives to just crumble around them.

Yeah, okay. She's a unique singer. So what. She needs to get help—and she is doing thisbut she needs to accept that help, snap the heck out of whatever nosedive she's in, wise up, and realize how fortunate she is.

Perhaps she suffers from depression. If so, that's a huge issue for which she deserves compassion and support.

But if she's just a spoiled freaking junkie
, who cares? Really.

Hopefully she will snap out of it and soon be able to sing "yes, yes, yes" instead of "no no, no."

No comments: