Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Diana Krall: (the) Glad Rag Doll

Oh joy. Last night I received my copy of Diana Krall's latest CD, Glad Rag Doll. I advance ordered it and have been keen to hear it for weeks. 

I've always thought Diana was a beautiful woman, but it was her voice that first drew me and continues to, as it does, I'm sure, millions of others. That smoky, throaty thrum and perfectly placed phrasing that make any lyric just work better; her wonderful arrangements; her clean piano playing; and those delightful musicians who back her up: what a combination. 

But then I opened the package and saw the Glad Rag Doll cover photo for the first time. 

Oh my. 

Speechless. 

Breathless.

Heart racing.

Wh-wh-what did I order? 

And then I remembered... oh yeah... there's music on this thing... it's a CD!

Whew.

Thank you, Diana, one more time.

8 comments:

BennoSteve said...

I viewed your page on Chrome and the words under the title, ...IN WHICH THE AUTHOR ATTEMPTS TO PROVE THAT "BLOG" IS A VERB are nearly invisible unless I highlight them. However, I shall now wish to hear the new Diana Krall record for sure for sure. In addition, I must comment that the robot repeller says to type the two words, but there is only one word. My word! Oh, now I wee the one word in the photo and the other next to it. Is this an aptitude test?

BennoSteve said...

I already left my comment, now I want to leave - HELP I'm stuck in the blogosphere!

BennoSteve said...

please let me out, I believe you have my stapler

BennoSteve said...

OK - you leave me no choice, I shall defy your command to 'leave my comment' if you say it one more time, I really mean it

BennoSteve said...

this time I'm serious

BennoSteve said...

AAAHHHHHHHHHH! Stop it, Stop it !

BennoSteve said...

I'm traveling back in time to before I entered this blog..............

Mike said...

I love you too, Benno!